Recovering from a disaster is usually a gradual process. Safety is a primary issue, as are mental and physical well-being. If assistance is available, knowing how to access it makes the process faster and less stressful. This section offers some general advice on steps to take after disaster strikes in order to begin getting your home, your community, and your life back to normal.
- What health and safety guidelines should I follow?
- How do I clean my damaged home or repair and rebuild it safely for the future?
- What precautions should I take when returning home?
- Where can I get assistance?
- How do I cope with the emotional effects of a disaster?
- How can I help children cope with the emotional effects of a disaster?
- How can I help someone affected by a disaster?
Specific Disaster Recovery Information
Buy supplies early to prepare for the storm. When the storm threatens, lines will be long and supplies short
(407) 383-9118 Orlando Office
(727) 260-7344 Tampa Bay Office
(941) 270-2677 Sarasota Office